What is it?
Since the beginning of time, humans have used the plants around them as food and medicine. Nature has a way of providing us with everything that we need and we are surrounded by amazing, helpful plants. Our ancestors used plants as medicine, harnessing their energy to promote health and well-being. Our bodies are intelligent and they posses the innate ability to naturally heal themselves. Occasionally though, they get stuck in an unhealthy pattern or cycle. An herbalist considers the whole person and uses plant preparations to help nudge the mind & body into a better state of balance. While pharmaceuticals are often prescribed for long term use to mask and suppress symptoms, herbs are usually intended for short term use, getting to the root cause of the problem and fixing it.
Who is it for?
Herbs are for everyone! Herbalism is a safe and effective approach that can be used throughout every stage of life. Herbal preparations are gentle. They can be safely implemented with infants, children, the elderly and throughout pregnancy. Some people use herbs as an alternative to conventional medicine, while others use herbs as a complement to conventional medicine. Herbs can be used alongside pharmaceuticals or on their own with significant effects. Whether you are experiencing a chronic or an acute condition, have an array of concerns or simply wish to feel more balanced, herbs can help.
What do herbs help with?
- Skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, acne, boils, hives & rashes
- Headaches, migraines & brain fog
- Mental health concerns such as stress, anxiety, depression, obsessive thinking & insomnia
- Allergies & sinus problems
- Digestive issues including IBS, constipation, diarrhea, nausea & acid reflux
- Musculoskeletal & Neurological issues
- Cramps, PMS, infertility, and other women's health concerns during pregnancy, postpartum, and throughout menopause
- Acute care for strains, sprains, breaks, infections, fevers, colds, burns, wounds, injuries and almost anything else you can think of!